Thursday, September 08, 2016

An interview with Paul Spirakis, the new EATCS president

During its annual meeting at ICALP 2016 in Rome, the Council of the EATCS elected Paul Spirakis (University of Liverpool, UK, and University of Patras, Greece) as its new president. Paul is a well-known figure in the theoretical'computer-science community and truly needs no introduction. However, I felt that it might be a good idea to interview him briefly in order to give him the opportunity to present himself to the community and to discuss some of his plans for his mandate as president of the EATCS.

I interviewed Paul Spirakis via email and present his answers to my questions in this interview that will appear in the October issue of the Bulletin of the EATCS. In order to preserve the style of Paul’s answers, I did not edit them. I hope that the readers of this blog and of the Bulletin of the EATCS will enjoy reading the text of the interview and will find it as interesting as I did.

No comments: