has issued its call for applications for admission to the IMT Ph.D. Program
beginning in January 2013. Readers of this blog (or their students) might be interested in the track called Computer, Decision, and Systems Science
, whose director is Rocco De Nicola
The raw data about this call for PhD applications are as follows:
- 36 Ph.D. positions are covered by scholarships in the gross amount of 13,638.47€ /year.
- A limited number of additional positions without scholarships may also be offered.
- Ph.D. students will have tuition fees waived.
- Ph.D. students who are granted a scholarship have free
accommodation in shared double rooms in the School residence halls (with
the exception of students whose permanent residence is within 30km of
- Ph.D. students will have free access to the canteen services.
- Ph.D. students are covered by insurance against any accident
and/or injury that may occur while they carrying out their Ph.D.
For more information about IMT, I encourage you to look at their excellent recruitment video
. IMT is growing and promises to become a hotbed of research at the intersection of computer science, control theory, economics and statistical physics. At least, the level of ambition is high.
Let me add, as icing on the cake, that Lucca is a lovely little town, which is close to many other beautiful Italian cities. Encourage good students to apply for the advertised positions!