The EATCS has established the Distinguished Dissertation Award to promote and recognize outstanding dissertations in the field of Theoretical Computer Science. Any PhD dissertation in the fi eld of Theoretical Computer Science that has been successfully defended in 2015 is eligible.
Three dissertations will be selected by the committee for year 2015. The dissertations will be evaluated on the basis of originality and potential impact on their respective fields and on Theoretical Computer Science.
Each of the selected dissertations will receive a prize of 1000 Euro. The award receiving dissertations will be published on the EATCS web site, where all the EATCS Distinguished Dissertations will be collected.
The dissertation must be submitted by the author as an attachment to an email message sent to the address email@example.com by December 31st, 2015 with subject EATCS Distinguished Dissertation Award 2015. The body of the message must specify:
- Name and email address of the candidate;
- Title of the dissertation;
- Department that has awarded the PhD and denomination of the PhD program;
- Name and email address of the thesis supervisor;
- Date of the successful defence of the thesis.
The dissertations will be selected by the following committee:
- Javier Esparza (Munich, Germany)
- Michal Feldman (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Fedor Fomin (Bergen, Norway)
- Luke Ong (Oxford, United Kingdom)
- Giuseppe Persiano (Salerno, Italy)
Theses supervised by members of the selection committee are not eligible.
The EATCS is committed to equal opportunities, and welcomes submissions of outstanding theses from all authors.