As you will see, due to the pressure of the tourist industry (which has increased enormously since we made the bid for hosting the conference in 2015), we are forced to have Friday, 7 April, as early registration deadline. We strongly encourage prospective participants to make their accommodation and travel plans as early as possible, and the date for the early registration is meant to entice them to do so.
As you will see, the early registration fees for the conference are as follows:
- Early registration fee (members of ACM, ACM SIGLOG, ASL, EATCS or IEEE): 64,000 ISK
- Early student registration fee: 46,000 ISK
- Early registration fee (others): 88,000 ISK
In order to meet ACM regulations, the registration fee for members is 25% cheaper than for non-members. We therefore strongly encourage prospective participants who are not members of the ACM, ASL, EATCS or IEEE to join one of those associations. When choosing which association to join, consider the following things:
- The EATCS annual membership fee is of 30€. (For students, that would give a two-year membership.) The EATCS sponsors the Kleene Award at LICS 2017 and its Bulletin of the EATCS is published in an open-access form.
- Information on ACM SIGLOG membership is available here. There is no need to have a separate ACM membership in order to join SIGLOG.
- The ACM and the IEEE already take 36% of the registration fees and provide no financial sponsorship for the conference, apart from 100K ISK that were kindly offered to us by our friends in the Icelandic Section of the IEEE.
- ACM professional membership costs 99 USD.
- Membership of the IEEE Computer Society costs 60 USD.
- A discounted introductory rate for members of the ASL is available to new regular members of the Association for the first two consecutive years of membership (US$47 in 2017 and 2018).