Call for Workshop Proposals
32nd Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium
on Logic in Computer Science
The thirty-second Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic In Computer Science (LICS'17) will be held in Reykjavik, Iceland on June 20–23, 2017. The workshops will take place on June 18–19, 2017. June 18 will only be used by two-days workshops (if any), or in case the number of workshops is really large. This year, workshop fees should be around 65 euros for a one-day workshop (including lunch and two coffee breaks).
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops on topics relating logic – broadly construed – to computer science or related fields. Typically, LICS workshops feature a number of invited speakers and a number of contributed presentations. LICS workshops do not usually produce formal proceedings. However, in the past there have been special issues of journals based in part on certain LICS workshops.
Proposals should include:
• - A short scientific summary and justification of the proposed topic.
This should include a discussion of the particular benefits of the topic to the LICS community.
• - A discussion of the proposed format and agenda.
• - The proposed duration, which is typically one day (two-day workshops can be accommodated too).
• - Procedures for selecting participants and papers.
• - Expected number of participants. This is important for the room!
• - Potential invited speakers.
• - Plans for dissemination (for example, special issues of journals).
Proposals should be sent to Patricia Bouyer: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Important Dates **
Submission deadline: November 1, 2016
Notification: November 15, 2016
Program of the workshops ready: May 19, 2017
Workshops: June 18–19, 2017
LICS conference: June 20–23, 2017
The workshops selection committee consists of the LICS General Chair, LICS Workshops Chair, LICS 2017 PC Chair and LICS 2017 Conference Chair.