As you may know, after a discussion period and a recent poll (see http://
(i) enough people are willing to make a commitment and help with this endeavor, and
(ii) we can gather the required startup funds.
Among other things we need volunteers for the following:
- setting up the conference: creating a non-profit organization, other potential legal issues, insurance, banking, sponsoring, proceedings, registration, record keeping;
- serving on the executive committee of the independent conference;
- local organization for conferences in the near future.
If you are willing to help, please let us know and be as specific as possible.
We'd like to get an idea of how much funding we'd be able to collect. We're considering two types:
- Funds that would be used to bootstrap the conference and are intended to be returned within three years. If you would be willing to contribute to this fund, please tell us how much.
- Permanent donations. If you know of contacts for possible donors (labs, institutions), please let us know.
If we decide to become independent, we'd set up an organizational meeting the day before and/or after CCC'14 in Vancouver, i.e., Tuesday 6/10 and/or Saturday 6/14. If you are volunteering as above, please include in your response the following:
- Would you be able to attend on Tuesday 6/10: Y/N
- Would you be able to attend on Saturday 6/14: Y/N
Please send your response by May 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your consideration!