On Friday, 15 February 2013, my ICE-TCS colleague Eyjólfur Ingi Ásgeirsson (School of Science and Engineering, Reykjavik University) delivered a talk on E.W. Dijkstra entitled The shortest path to beautiful code ( - DEATH TO GOTO - ).
- Recording of the talk (slides and audio) in .avi format.
- Slides with the three "silly games" mentioned in the talk. [Solutions]
- An Interview With Edsger W. Dijkstra by Thomas J. Misa, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 53 No. 8, Pages 41-47.
- E. W. Dijkstra Archive.
- K.R. Apt, Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930 -- 2002): A Portrait of a Genius. Formal Aspects of Computing, 14, pp. 92-98, 2002.
The following talk was held on Friday, 5 April 2013, when Kristinn R. Thorisson (School of Computer Science, Reykjavik University) delivered a presentation on the work of Marvin Minsky entitled Marvin Minsky: Pioneer, Critic, Optimist.
- Recording of the talk (slides and audio) in .mp4 format.
- Human Interface video played by Kristinn during the talk.
- NOVA Interview with Marvin Minsky.